Saturday, June 4, 2011

First things first

My name is Cameron Buckminster Feldman.  I got my first name from my mother, Theresa Marie Cameron.  Dad says that it was also out of appreciation and respect for my Grandmother, Rita Cameron, but regardless I'm happy with it. It was an uncommon unisex name growing up, and now it’s not only widely accepted, but completely overused among new parents.  The only two other Camerons I knew growing up were Cameron Diaz, and Cam Neally.  Now, "Cam" is even more popular then Chris, Nick, and even John!  Ugh.

I was born July 25th, 1983, the same month that Buckminster Fuller died.  Buckminster Fuller was a famous philosopher, inventor, architect, and author who my father was very fond of.  So, dad decided my middle name should be commemorated to his work.  I'm very proud to be named after ol' Trim Tab, being a physicist with a name synonymous with science is akin to a baseball player with a middle name like "Bambino."

Soon I'll blog about my incredible grandfather from whom I gained my surname; Herbert Feldman.  Grampa Herb (who doesn't have a middle name) has his own amazing collection of life stories like the ones I intend to post here.  Hes an inspiring role model, brilliant, curious, and still sharp as a tack at almost 80. 

So, whats the deal with the blog? I would like to organize my considerable collection of outlandish stories and circumstances I've found myself in.  That way once the dust has settled my friends and family can laugh at my expense on my terms.  HA!  On the surface, my life has been pretty ordinary.  I wasn't the youngest person to fly across the Atlantic; I was never the top of my class, or a heralded athlete.  I don't think there’s anything I've done that hasn't been done by someone else better.  What seems to separate me from everyone else is that I always seem to do it differently.  This has lead to constant struggles with authority, but I have developed a knack for always landing on my feet.  I learned how not to get flustered, and I never panic. I surround myself with high quality people, My friends are definately my most prized assets. 

I'm usually one of the smarter people in the room, weather I'm surrounded by drunken sports fans or at a scientific convention hosted by Harvard.  For that reason I can easily identify with most groups, and can usually make new friends when I want to. I also tend to surprise people.  I guess people think they can figure me out in a five minute conversation.  I'm acutally pretty complicated, and commonly overlooked.

I'm 6'2, 235 lbs.  white, with thick brown hair, brown eyes, and usually a nice tan.  I'm very strong but not overly so, I'm very fast, but given my size I don't look it.  My personality is very open, fun loving, caring, energetic, peaceful, and excitable. 

I don't know quite how do tie this up so I can move onto stories about how I jumped a train, gained 100 lbs in college, and spent a year in my adult life without my front tooth, but hopefully I'll get better at this as I go!  keep reading, I'm a quick learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment